StraightBoyz Operator Facing 2257 Charges Gets Oct. 1 Trial Date

StraightBoyz Operator Facing 2257 Charges Gets Oct. 1 Trial Date

MIAMI — A federal judge today ordered an Oct. 1 trial date for Bryan Deneumostier, the operator of defunct website StraightBoyz who allegedly taped entire sexual encounters without the consent of participants.

Deneumostier was accused of violating three counts of 18 U.S.C. § 2257 record-keeping violations related to the operation of the gay website, which was said to offer videos of straight men being conned into accepting sex acts.

During the sex acts, authorities said, victims were blindfolded or wearing blacked-out goggles. Victimized men thought they were going to a South Miami-Dade house for casual sex with a bored housewife, but many later found their trysts uploaded to the site.

Authorities said that Deneumostier pretended to be a woman offering anonymous sex and even reassured men that there would be no cameras involved, according to an indictment. 

Deneumostier, also charged with two counts of illegal interception of oral communication, used the screen name “susanleon33326” during the scheme, said an indictment that stated he may have taped encounters with about 600 men.

Today, in an eight-minute proceeding before U.S. District Judge Cecilia Altonaga in Miami, a continuance was granted to Monday, Oct. 1, and Deneumostier waived his right to a speedy trial after a request from his counsel, a public defender.

Deneumostier’s case marks only the second time an adult producer has been charged with 2257 violations.

Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis and his company faced the consequences after 2257 charges were levied against the brand.

As a result Francis pleaded guilty in 2006 to charges his company Mantra Films Inc. taped two 17-year-olds during an explicit shoot for a spring break video. 

Francis was sentenced to community service and paid $500,000 in fines, and his company agreed to pay $1.6 million.

Earlier this month, the Free Speech Coalition, the national trade organization for the adult industries, secured a major legal victory in the battle over the 18 U.S.C. §§ 2257 and 2257A statutes.

In a final judgment rendered by U.S. District Judge Michael Baylson, large parts of the record-keeping regulations were declared unconstitutional on First Amendment grounds.

Some adult industry observers, however, expect the Justice Department to appeal the judgment. The FSC has even set up a "2257 Lawsuit Donation" webpage to help secure funds in the event of an appeal, as well as for past legal bills in its 13-year battle over the regs.

An earlier FSC victory against the 2257 regulations on Fourth Amendment grounds came from a federal appeals court ruling.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pure Taboo Debuts 'Behind the Scenes Documentary' for Latest 'Under the Bed'

Pure Taboo has released a behind-the-scenes documentary on its series “Under the Bed,” spotlighting the episode “The Growth.”

Connie Perignon Toplines David Perry's 'Sexual Desires 2'

Connie Perignon headlines director David Perry's “Sexual Desires 2” from Evil Angel.

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

Rae Sixty Nine Makes Her TransAngels Debut

Rae Sixty Nine has made her TransAngels debut opposite Adam x Lee in the studio’s latest release, titled “Cock Ride.”

Ariel Demure Toplines 'TS MILFs' From TransSensual

Reigning XMAs Trans Performer of the Year Ariel Demure headlines “TS MILFs,” the latest title from Mile High Media studio imprint TransSensual.

AEBN Publishes Report on Fetish Trends

AEBN has published a report on fetish categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

Lana Wolf Returns to Immoral Productions

British star Lana Wolf stars in a new two-part scene from Immoral Productions alongside Dean Van Damme and studio honcho “Porno” Dan Leal.

Lulu Chu, Connie Perignon Star in 'Locked, Cocked & Loaded' From Brazzers

Lulu Chu and Connie Perignon star with Victor Ray in the latest release from Brazzers, titled "Locked, Cocked & Loaded."

Adriana Chechik Returns to Evil Angel With Blowbang From Jonni Darkko

Adriana Chechik has returned to Evil Angel with a blowbang from director Jonni Darkko.

Show More